Re: FRAMEBORDER attribute?

From: Russell O'Connor <roconnor@math.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 14:18:35 -0800 (PST)
To: W3C HTML <www-html@w3.org>
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Bertilo Wennergren wrote:

> I'm no friend of frames, quite the opposite, but it is
> illogical and a waste of resources to load the same stuff
> again and again. If just a certain part of a page is to change,
> it is reasonable to keep all other parts on the screen, instead of
> throwing them out and then reload and redisplay them in exactly
> the same way.

If you are concerned about caching parts of pages, then client-side
includes is the way to go.

However, it seems the idea of client-side includes may have been rejected
in order to keep HTML simple.  In this case it seems equally reasonable to
reject frames in order to keep HTML simple.

--
Russell O'Connor
           <http://www.math.berkeley.edu/~roconnor/>