Re: icons for pages/sites/etc. (was Re: src attribute of IFRAME and FRAME)

From: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 17:53:57 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org, www-style@w3.org
> On another note, since an "icon" for a page is purely presentational, this
> really should be done with CSS instead (discussion redirected to www-style).

An icon is purely presentation only insofar as any media object is
purely presentational. It is a symbolic representation of the document
and is therefore an associated resource, not a stylistic attribute.

Defined as such, the icon doesn't even need to be visual--one could
conceivably have an audio "icon", which would use sound waves/time
instead of colors/position. Though I don't know what you'd use it for.

~fantasai