Re:

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:41:36 +0100
To: (wrong string) ärber" <list-w3c-html@faerber.muc.de>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>
> For software, it does not make a difference whether it is the
> version above or one of these: [...]
> In all of these cases, there is nothing that would assign any
> meaning to the element.

True.

> What we would need is an extension to (X)HTML, possibly
> defined as a module, introducing new elements with a prose
> that defines their semantics.

No, that wouldn't work (or if it did, it would be a bit of a hack)
because you can't accurately address class names. The solution I gave
to that was to make class names a list of QNames that resolve to URIs
using an RDF-style concatenation mechanism. They can then be defined
by formats such as RDF.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer