Re: I want out!!! [off-topic]

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:13:35 -0700
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
Well, to be fair, it might be possible that someone else subscribed him by
spoofing his address. The first e-mailing list I ever recieved was something
that someone subscribed me to without my authorisation, as a prank; it took
me a little while to figure out how to unsubscribe, too, because my address
wasn't directly subscribed to it.
I won't go into the whole story.

But what I'm saying is I suppose it is possible for someone to be subscribed
to this list without their knowledge or permission, and since this is
probably the w3c's most popular list, this will be the list for which it
occurs most frequently.

Daniel