from which version the browser will support XHTML

From: Yuan Zhuang <yuan.zhuang@db.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 04:54:21 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org

Dear Sir,

            When I go through the specification of XHTML 1.0, I only find the definition as "they are compatible with most HTML browsers".  Can I get any more accurate definition about this issue? Such as from which version of IE, which version of NetScape.
            Thank you very much.

Best Regards

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.