Line breaking in a button

From: David Bindel <nwprog@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 14:31:14 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
I'm not sure whether to direct this to the HTML or CSS mailing list, but...

I am wondering if or where a command exists that lets you can add a line break
inside of a button.  for example:
|   line 1     |
|   line 2     |

I've tried add <br> inside of the button, an also controlling the width of the
button 9hoping to get the text to wrap inside the button) using HTML and CSS,
but none of the above methods have worked.

Thanks,
David Bindel