form emails

From: Catherine Sherman <catherine_sherman@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 22:13:23 EDT
To: www-html@w3.org
Hi folks,

I'm putting together a simple email form in HTML.  I know how to get the
subject line of the email to submit when you hit a send button, but I don't
know how to grab the body of the message and send it as well.

Is there a way to send the message body directly to an email address in
HTML?  That would be great, but somehow I think the answer is probably no.
So, how about JavaScript?  My ultimate goal is to avoid having to run a