XHTML and STYLE

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 06:18:43 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
CW:: "rather than being embedded in the document itself? The inline STYLE
attribute is, in my opinion, something that is useful enough in a large
enough set of scenarios, to warrant continued inclusion in HTML rather than
being relegated to the status of deprecated legacy.

WL: I'm very late to this party but as I understand it if someone wants to
disinclude <STYLE> as in inline element in XHTML they are perfectly free,
AM (after modulraization) to disinclude that element from their own version
of the language? Then the "market" will decide whether to use the
<STYLE>-free version or not. The browser shouldn't care so why should the
WG? If the WAI declares some flavor of XHTML to be taboo then those who
give a damn won't use that version. The ability to set one's own
"standards" is heady stuff indeed even though it leaves one short of a
sense of "control" - which seems to have permeated some deliberations herein?

What am I overlooking?

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE