Browser Variations

From: Gray Jonathan-AJG003C <ajg003c@email.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:23:19 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org
Something I have just noticed which I would like some confirmation on. I
have completed Mouseovers on a Page. Which The actual Over  image was an
animated gif. Worked nice in IE all flavours and when mouse went over image
it joggled about with a very nice flashlike effect.

Just loaded that same page in Netscape 4.7 and the mouseovers do work but
the animation is redundant. ie only 1 frame of the animated gif not both.

Is there some code addition or anything to solve this. How is netscape code
disabling the animated gif, Its very strange and I am keen to know more. I
was expecting all work or not at all not the way it is .

Cheers

Jonathan