RE: Browser Versions

From: Richard T Taylor <richard.t.taylor@marchFIRST.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 10:47:20 -0700
To: "'Gray Jonathan-AJG003C'" <ajg003c@email.mot.com>, www-html@w3.org
I have been using more then one version of IE and Netscape by doing a custom
installation (into a separate partition of my hard drive).  I created a
separate folder and downloaded and installed my older version in there.

(I have only done this with IE 3 and NN3 so far...I haven't tried it with
IE/NN 4???)

Actually this brings up a question/observation of my own.  I have noticed
that IE 3 only supports pictures with 8 characters plus an extension.  i.e..
12345678.jpg.  Can anyone elaborate on this (for example...what characters
does it support?)?

Richard