RE: NOFRAMES

From: 3x <3x@planet.nl>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 22:50:23 +0200
To: "Walter Ian Kaye" <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Cc: "HTML-list" <www-html@w3.org>

#-----Original Message-----
#From: www-html-request@w3.org [mailto:www-html-request@w3.org]On Behalf
#Of Walter Ian Kaye
#Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 10:10 PM
#To: www-html@w3.org
#Subject: Re: NOFRAMES
#
#Marco asks:
#>Are their still browsers of any signifigance wich don't support frames?
#>And browsers that don't support JavaScript? (apart from the
#>browser-confuration of course)
#
#Yes. iCab does not yet support JavaScript, though they're working on it.
#And of course Lynx (my preferred browser) supports neither JavaScript nor
#frames.
#
#Remember: behind every browser is a human being who deserves respect.
#
#Also, beware of gilding the lily. Just because a technology exists, does
#not mean that it is always the right thing to use. Practice restraint! :)

Walter,

I don't know the iCab browser and if it should be concidered "significant"
[by wich I don't mean if the browser is any good or not but if it is so
commonly used that I should take note of it while designing a web-document]
Can you tell me more about the iCab browser?

And what makes Lynx your preferred browser?

Thanks,
Marco