Re: Web Farm??

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:54:19 -0800
To: Allen May <umayxa3@yahoo.com>, www-html@w3.org
>Sorry if this is off topic.

Yes, this list is for technical discussion of HTML and XHTML, and is
not a help line.

>Can someone either A) tell all about what a web
>farm is,

Depending on context, it means a Web site operating on more than one
server, or a Web hosting service sometimes called a "server farm"
with multiple servers hosting many sites. See [1].

Two very different examples of the latter off the top of my head are
pair Networks [2] and Exodus Communications [3].

>or B) tell me where to find information
>that will tell me what a Web Farm is.

Try searching at Google [4] or your favorite search engine.

Good luck.

[1] http://www.whatis.com/serverfa.htm (definitions)
[2] http://www.pair.com/ (example)
[3] http://www.exodus.com/ (example)