RE: Give hint to browser about hyphenation: &php;

From: Michel Suignard <michelsu@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 11:06:41 -0700
To: "'Dave J Woolley'" <DJW@bts.co.uk>, "'hattel@na.dk'" <hattel@na.dk>, www-html@w3.org
Cc: (wrong string) øm <Michael@na.dk>
Historically, the soft hyphen was not supported by browsers. Internet
Explorer took the compatibility hit since version 5 to correctly support the
soft hyphen. I have not checked Mozilla but I hope they will support it too.

In all cases the soft hyphen is the right way to address this.

Michel Suignard
Microsoft