Re: RE: Mac IE5 A:hover?

OK, I removed the CSS and JavaScript and have an example where IE5 still
shows a "link" also to the left of the actual link.

This example is at http://www.joek.com/index2.html

It appears to happen when a table is wider than the linked image within
it, and this linked image is not against the left side of the table (but
is the first tag after the <TD>).

I checked http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/index/attributes.html and using
WIDTH and ALIGN (and VALIGN) for a TABLE and TD (respectively) is valid
(though I don't understand why HEIGHT for a TABLE is not valid, using it
in my example is the quickest way I've found for centering an object in
the middle of the user's browser). And I've experimented with different
combinations of these attributes to come to the conclusion above.

So either there is still something I'm doing wrong with my code to cause
this, or there is an IE5 bug (which might mean that doesn't have "full
HTML4.0 support").

I'm curious to what this means.

Joe.