Re: layer

From: James P. Salsman <bovik@best.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 12:47:54 -0800 (PST)
To: yude.hu@zoomsystems.com
Cc: gabrielrivera@ciudad.com.ar
yh,

Thanks for your questions:

> I tried to make a visibility to a button, but the following code did not
> work (the button did not show up)? What was wrong in the following code?

>        <layer id = "c9">
>         <input type = "button" value = "Save" name = "Sbutton">
>        </layer>

Without presuming to say that your code is wrong, I would point
out that (1) making a button invisible generally has no utilitarian
value unless you are trying to activate form actions without the
browser operator's knowledge, which ideally should never be
necessary, and (2) layer tags are widely regarded as unstable; e.g:
  http://www.webreview.com/pub/1999/12/03/broken/index.html

Cheers,
James