Re: 'mailto:' and 'subject=' in lower case

> 'mailto:' and 'subject=' in lower case
>
> From: Baker, Brian A. DS2 (bbaker@emh1.lincoln.navy.mil)
> Date: Sat, Feb 27 1999

>    * Other mail archives: [this mailing list] [other W3C mailing lists]
>    * Mail actions: [ respond to this message ] [ mail a new topic ]

> From: "Baker,  Brian A. DS2" <bbaker@emh1.lincoln.navy.mil>
> To: "HTML News Group (E-mail)" <www-html@w3.org>
> Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 21:25:55 -0800
> Subject: 'mailto:' and 'subject=' in lower case
>
> When ever I create a link using 'mailto:' the data is passed to the email
> program in lower case.  Is there a way to keep the correct case for both the
> address and the subject line?
>
> I am using MSIE 3.2 / 4.0 for the browsers and Outlook 97/98 for the email
> programs
>
> As far as I can tell the browser is sending the correct case, but Oulook
> fills in the address and subject lines with lowercase.
>
> This is being used on an intranet so I'm not too concerned about other email
> programs.  I also don't have the power to change from Outlook or MSIE.
>
> Brian

>    * Mail actions: [ respond to this message ] [ mail a new topic ]

I have exactly the same problem.  It works fine in Netscape which uses
the netscape e-mail tool (Communicator?), but when I use mailto: and IE
is the browser, it makes everything lower case!

I have a feeling that filling in the subject using mailto: is not a
standard thing to do, therefore not all browsers support the
functionality properly.  If this is true then it is very annoying for
me!

Argh!  Does anyone have any more knowledge on IE/Outlook and the mailto:
command??