RE: [Moderator Action] Form-based Multiple File Upload in HTML

From: Dave J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 17:03:55 +0100
To: "'cybbie@excite.com'" <cybbie@excite.com>, www-html@w3.org
> From:	Cybbie [SMTP:cybbie@excite.com]
>
> I'm in desire need of an answer to my following question: Can the latest
> HTML handle multiple file attachments using one input command (e.g. by

[DJW:]  The HTML 4.01 specification appears to say yes,
although I don't know if it works in real life:

The current value [p.220] of a file select [p.222] is a list of one or more
file
names. Upon submission of the form, the contents of each file are submitted
with the rest of the form data. The file contents are packaged according to
the
	form's content type [p.247] .
[DJW:]