[Moderator Action] Form-based Multiple File Upload in HTML

From: Cybbie <cybbie@excite.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:51:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
Dear W3 Consortium,

I'm in desire need of an answer to my following question: Can the latest
HTML handle multiple file attachments using one input command (e.g. by
choosing browse on a HTML page, is there a way for a user to to hold SHIFT
and CTRL to select multiple files and/or directory that would contain
multiple files)? Currently, I have developed multiple file attachments (max
of 5 files) by creating five individual inputs using HTML and Perl code to
interpret them. I haven't seen any of the multiple file attachments using
one input command line anywhere on the Web. Even Web-based emails, like
Yahoo! and Hotmail, use individual inputs to accept attachment of multiple
files.

Your assistance would greatly be appreciated. Any good Web-page examples of
this function on the Internet would be really nice also! Thank you for your
time!

-Cybbie

P.S. I've seen some text on W3 website regarding form-based multiple file
upload, but they do not help greatly.

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html