Re: ISO/IEC refs to HTML4

From: Jan Roland Eriksson <jrexon@newsguy.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 00:40:02 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:17:10 -0800, Murray Altheim <altheim@eng.sun.com>
wrote:

>Jan Roland Eriksson wrote:

>> My question is; is it correct of the W3 server to redirect...

>You ought not get me started on this one. Just as the W3C posts their
>philosophical rant "Cool URIs don't change" they pull this number, which
>runs completely counter to it. Very confusing for everyone, and in my
>opinion just plain wrongheaded.

There's been a bit of URI shuffling in several places at W3 lately, it
created a bit of extra work for me at the css.nu site, and I'm just
about to link check the entries I have in the CSS FAQ, I may have to fix
something there too.

>If TimBL is correct and names and addresses are the same thing,
>then a URI should be the equivalent of a name. Obviously, they
>are making the case against their own argument.

It would have been nice if things stayed stable of course.
Especially on a server that is vital to many.

--
Jan Roland Eriksson <jrexon@newsguy.com>
<URL:http://member.newsguy.com/%7Ejrexon/>