forms - checkbox labels and wrapping

From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 16:44:46 -0800
To: www-html@w3.org
There's a problem with forms, specifically checkboxes and radio buttons,
where the text associated with the item wraps separately. I've tried &nbsp;
between them, I've tried Netscape's <nobr> element, but there does not seem
to be any way to bind them together. It's too bad we never had a label=
attribute for <input>, as that would have prevented the problem (and would
have allowed RTL direction for RTL languages to be automatic, layout-wise).

-Walter