Re: microsoft browsers

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 18:50:38 -0800
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

>I might have confused the meaning of my question in the last mail, I was
>referring about use, for example, IE3, IE4 and IE5 in same partition.

Try changing the names of the executables. For Excel, you could have,
say excel4.exe and excel5.exe, and then could run both at once. They
used separate .INI files, though.

This is waaaay off-topic for this list (sorry to contribute to the chaos!)
but MSIE has been pretty much a component of the operating system, quite
unlike almost any other application available. I'm pretty sure that's a
fairly accurate statement. IE3 did some OS integration (depends on your
opinion of "integrated," like having a system folder on the desktop for IE)
but IE4 was when they really, really integrated the application into the
shell. By my knowledge, there'd be know way to do what you want to do...
sorry. I kinda wish it could be easier myself.

Daniel