Web Form Speech Input for all platforms

From: Miguel Marcos <miguelmarcos@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 20:56:06 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-html@w3.org>
I send this message to express my support for speech input into HTML forms
in a non-platform specific manner so devices from desktop to handheld can
equally be used. Please refer to http://www.bovik.org/device-upload.html

Audio remains a secondary transmission format on the web today, mostly
served up by a variety of proprietary formats. As with text and basic image
formats like JPEG and GIF, sound can only benefit from a more generic
approach. Generic approaches enhance the availability for users to produce
and consume file formats. Sound will enrich the web experience and boost the
productivity in many cases, for example education or training.

It's interesting especially by analogizing with the telephone, its ubiquity,
ease of use, productivity.

Please bear this in mind.

Gratefully,
Miguel Marcos