Re: Device upload for all platforms -- the official HTML WG position

---- "Steven Pemberton" <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:

> The <object> element is a part of HTML 4, which was created by a
> group of representatives from many companies. It is not a
> platform-dependent or vendor-dependent element.

Take a closer look at it, it is Microsoft/Intel-specific.  If
any non-wintel browsers implement it, I would like to know how
they parse MS object-id hex strings.

The W3C should get out of the business of vendor-specific
extensions to HTML.  The sooner we have Device Upload,
instead of the OBJECT/EMBED fiasco, the better.  The way
things are now, the W3C looks like a partisan tool of
MS and/or Intel.  Until we get Device Upload, the non-wintel
communities will remain disenfranchised by the W3C.

- George

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com