Re: inline CSS - Argument for

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 13:13:36 -0800
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
--If you want a markup to propagate HTML formatted email then the modular
nature of XHTML will allow you to build a DTD for that usage, and
documents valid for that DTD will work on browsers.--

Wait, how would /that/ work? I mean, I know that  HTML email is pretty
unpopular among the hard-core computer users, although I, for one, would
like to see it garner more use...

My question is, and maybe this is more something for the WG to consider, is
how would you attach a DTD to an  XHTML-formatted email file?

What I fear is that each company will create their own DTD / Schema /
Namespace / Whatever (I don't completely understand the terminology just
yet) for their email clients, and then we'll be in a mess! MS Outlook users
wouldn't be able to send xhtml email to Netscape Communicator users, and so
on. That's my fear at least... it may not be rational.

Daniel