Re: inline CSS (was: is anyone interested in XHTML?)

From: Sal Candido <salcandido@fastwebnow.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 19:24:39 -0600
To: <www-html@w3.org>
>> Let me <span> the silly thing and be done with it...please?
>
> I'm not sure why SPANning it means having to STYLE it rather than
> CLASS it.

I personally do not like wading through a bloated global external style
sheet because all of the styles I just used once now have their own class.
Some people who build large sites with hundreds (or more) pages cannot have
a huge external style sheet that they attach to all their pages because on
one page on their site, they color some text red. On another page, they
strike-out some text... etc. Why not just be able to <span style=""> all
those instances where a style occurs only once?

Sal Candido
salcandido@fastwebnow.com
http://www.fastwebnow.com