Re: inline CSS (was: is anyone interested in XHTML?)

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 23:58:01 -0800, Murray Altheim <altheim@eng.sun.com>
wrote:

>What nonsense. I keep hearing that, but CSS1 and 2 both have *author* as
>priority, not user, so this runs completely counter to what would help
>accessibility.
>
>  CSS1: "the author's style sheets override the reader's style sheet"
>  CSS2: "author style sheets override user style sheets which override
>         the default style sheet. "

Just for the record of "correctness"

Priorities...

  CSS1: ua -> user -> author -> user!important -> author!important
  css2: ua -> user -> author -> author!important -> user!important

Effectively 1: author!important styling is redundant in CSS2.

Effectively 2: the C in CSS is a shaky business anyway, mostly
               due to the CDATA type content allowed for the
               CLASS attribute.
              (CLASS attribute values can't be validated)

--
Jan Roland Eriksson <jrexon@newsguy.com>
<URL:http://member.newsguy.com/%7Ejrexon/>