Re: is anyone interested in XHTML?

From: John Whelan <whelan@itp.unibe.ch>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 06:36:13 -0500 (EST)
To: www-html@w3.org
Sue Sims writes:

> On the rare occasion I need to override a rule from my external CSS, I
> really don't want to try to remember (or even look up) the syntax for
> the 'next to the last <a> in the 42nd <p> which is a descendent of the
> 3rd nested <div>'. Let me <span> the silly thing and be done with
> it...please?

I think you're overstating the complexity in alternatives to the style
attribute somewhat.  You can always just put an ID on the element in
question and reference it that way.  (Not to be taken as a statement
that I think removing the style attribute is a good thing.)

					John T. Whelan
					whelan@iname.com
					http://www.slack.net/~whelan/