Re: is anyone interested in XHTML?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 07:36:13 -0800, "Tantek Çelik"
<tantek@cs.stanford.edu> wrote:
>If you think it is important to keep allowing things to be *simple* in this
>way, and to keep allowing this *choice* (e.g. as HTML4 and CSS-1 provided with
><LINK>, <STYLE> and STYLE=), speak up.

Speaking up: I think it is very important to keep the simplicity.
Stretch extensibility to the max if you must, but don't *make* me go
there with you.

On the rare occasion I need to override a rule from my external CSS, I
really don't want to try to remember (or even look up) the syntax for
the 'next to the last <a> in the 42nd <p> which is a descendent of the
3rd nested <div>'. Let me <span> the silly thing and be done with
it...please?

Sue