Re: The <HR> tag

From: Christian Smith <csmith@barebones.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 16:17:00 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org
cc: Eric <e.richards@clear.net.nz>
On Wednesday, December 27, 2000 at 9:52, e.richards@clear.net.nz (Eric)
wrote:

> A way to get over this problem, and replace <hr> you could if you like
> have a 1 * 1 pixel color and spread it out to make a horizontal line
> or vertical for that matter.
>
> However I found with both Opera 5 & 5.01 that a 1 * 1 pixel red or
> blue in JPEG will change to the other color, 2 * 2 pixel's will give
> the correct colors. green stays correct color.
>
> Another method is to use tables to replace the <hr> if you like it
> that way. You can even put a color band around the line, if that's
> what turns you on.

This signature at the bottom is pretty funny given the text of your
message.

The idea of using images or tables to replicate the behaviour of the
<hr> tag is pretty viral in itself so I'd have to say that your
anti-virus software can't handle the most common type of virus
encountered on the internet (the memetic virus).

--
Christian Smith  |  csmith@barebones.com  |  http://web.barebones.com

He who dies with the most friends... Is still dead!