RE: css

From: Edward Barrow <edward@platopress.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 08:43:04 -0000
To: "www-html@w3.org" <www-html@w3.org>, "'Johan hellqvist'" <garnetfinch@hotmail.com>
On Tuesday, December 19, 2000 7:35 AM, Johan hellqvist
[SMTP:garnetfinch@hotmail.com] wrote:
> why doesnt netscape support a:hover {}
> I want the links to be blue when the user hold the mouse over it.
> in IE it works fine but in netscape nothing happens

The pseudo-class hover is in CSS2 not CSS1. Netscape 6 supports CSS1 fully
but not CSS2. It was a unilateral extension to CSS by Microsoft, presumably
because it was easy to implement in its rendering engine (it's long been a
user-selectable option in IE); formally adopted in CSS2

Edward Barrow
new media copyright consultant
edward@copyweb.co.uk