RE: Flash

From: Denis, David <DDenis@inlumen.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:37:06 -0500
To: "'Jelks Cabaniss'" <jelks@jelks.nu>, www-html@w3.org
I'm not the biggest Flash fan in the world, but the poster only asked a
technical question on adding Flash to a page and you link him to Nielson's
rant on the subject.  Not appropriate IMHO.  Flash is a great, albeit
simple, tool for animation.  Although not appropriate for integral parts of
navigation and overused for splash page intros, some sites exist solely for
Flash content (http://www.joecartoon.com/), possibly the poster plans
something similar and wants his HTML to conform properly (use OBJECT for
conformance, with EMBED for compatibility).
Dave

PS - this is not a flash rant, I don't want to be blamed for starting a
flash flamewar, especially since this isn't the proper forum.