Re: Keep the font tag

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 21:26:12 -0700
To: <www-html@w3.org>
"CSS has poor cross-compatibility because Netscape had terrible support for
it from the get-go (way back in 1994), and only now, with Netscape 6, based
on an open-source browser, are finally supporting CSS."

Okay, to prevent anyone from correcting me: Yes, Navigator 4 did have a
little support for CSS, but it was buggy, and they created a LAYER element
to try to replace absolute positioning. Everyone I know admits that
Navigator 4's CSS implementation was just awful. It's good to see they
they're finally doing their best to give maximum support for the W3C's specs
in Netscape 6.

Daniel