Re: Assistance w/charset

From: Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor <roconnor@uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:26:36 -0400 (EDT)
To: W3C HTML <www-html@w3.org>
On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Dan Connolly wrote:

> Nor does IE 4.0. It's a little better: it treats them the same.
> But it displays a little box (i.e. an unknown character thingy)
> in both cases.
> Nor does Opera 4.0. Same behaviour.

Have you checked Mozilla?  I remember a while back I think it worked.  It
even displayed my u-horn character (&#432;), although it did look kind of

I'd check Mozilla myself to confirm, but I'm running OS/2, and I don't
think binaries are available for OS/2 at the momment.

``Paradoxically, a refusal to `put a monetary value on life' means that
life is often undervalued.'' -- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach