RE: Scales Not (was Re: Modularization of XHTML B.3.4.2)

From: Daniel Koger <dkoger@hdtd.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 07:21:10 -0700
To: "'Walter Ian Kaye'" <walter@natural-innovations.com>, www-html@w3.org
Barb noted and intended. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Walter Ian Kaye [mailto:walter@natural-innovations.com]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2000 11:17 PM
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: RE: Scales Not (was Re: Modularization of XHTML B.3.4.2)

At 08:39p -0700 04/10/00, Daniel Koger didst inscribe upon an
electronic papyrus:
>Sounds very reminiscent of the 80 column green screen debate around Apple
][
>e.  Just as fruitful too.

Who's debating? I was agreeing with Jan and making a statement, that's all.
I have no intention of starting any kind of debate. Either people
understand what HTML is all about, or they don't. It would indeed be
pointless for people who understand to engage people who do not
understand. It's like that neat saying: "For those who don't believe,
there's no explanation possible; and for those who do believe,
there's no explanation necessary."

Sometimes I feel more protective of HTML's intent than its own inventor.
And that is the most shocking thing of all.

-Walter