Re: Ignoring empty paragraphs

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:31:28 -0400, JOrendorff@ixl.com wrote:

>More than one empty paragraph (if no one assigns borders or padding
>on <p> elements) looks like one empty paragraph.  But one
>empty paragraph still doesn't look like zero empty paragraphs.

>The <p> is not "ignored" here;

>it introduces a gap of about 1em, depending on your browser's
>setting for margins on <p>.

It does _not_ in Mozilla M14 "strict" mode.
(yes, I did try exactly your line up here before posting :)

It seems to me that we all need to prepare for a new and more compliant
set of browsers to appear not far from now (thank God for that).

"Web masters" job security also seems to be guaranteed for another
get-a-round-to-it :)

--
Jan Roland Eriksson <jrexon@newsguy.com>
<URL:http://member.newsguy.com/%7Ejrexon/>