Re: "Presentational" vs. "Legacy"

From: Jonny Axelsson <jonny@metastasis.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2000 12:54:26 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org
At 19:24 01.04.00 -0500, "Jelks Cabaniss" <jelks@jelks.nu> wrote:
>In XHTML 1.1 modularization, B, I, and TT are placed in the "Presentation"
>Module.  But U, S, and FONT are in the "Legacy" Module.  Why is Bold
>"presentational", but Underline "legacy"?
>
>In fact, if you look at the Legacy module, it's *all* presentational markup.
>Why not combine the two modules?
>

>/Jelks

U, S and FONT are deprecated, and rightly so IMHO.

BI(TT) are in a different category. My thought about this here:
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2000Feb/0250.html>

I'm as for semantic elements as the next guy, but a pre-requisite is that
there is some agreed semantic value to them (that's why I'm for killing off
STRONG, it doesn't make sense).

Jonny