Basic authentication problems

From: Alastair Moore <quench@clara.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 17:00:47 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org
Hello all,

Hopefully someone might be able to help me out witha problem I have. I'
m creating a web site with a secure area, using basic authentication.
The code I have written, using ASP, seems to work fine, unless the user
presses cancel on the browser. Is there a server variable sent out when
a user presses cancel or OK on the username/password window? IF so,
what is it?? :) If not.. any idea how I get round this?

Thanks!

Alastair