From: Sarah Wright <sarah@bluewave.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 09:58:07 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org

I'm working on some company HTML standards ....

I've discussed with my colleagues about how the HTML code should be written
in regards to case. Most people seem to like the HTML written in uppercase
with attributes in lowercase... however after reading the XHTML 1.0 working
draft document it states that all code should be written in lowercase.

Therefore, sensibly I should push through writing all code in lowercase to
future proof our code and get into the habit of writing it this way for
when XHTML becomes a standard.

What I would like to know is as XHTML is a working draft, how likely is it
that it will become a standard, and if it doesn't, will the "all code must
be written in lowercase" become a standard in the future?

Sarah Wright - Web Author
Bluewave Ltd - Webspace Design and Management
Tel. +44 (0)207 706 3500