RE: Error in ISO HTML

From: Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor <roconnor@uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 12:40:59 -0400 (EDT)
To: W3C HTML <www-html@w3.org>
On Sun, 24 Oct 1999, David Norris wrote:

> I don't know how current they are, but, here are some references.
>
> > ISO-HTML makes reference to "-//W3C//ENTITIES Full Latin
> 1//EN//HTML"
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40-970708/sgml/entities.html#h-10.5.1.1
>
> > Same goes for "-//W3C//ENTITIES Symbolic//EN//HTML"
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40-970708/sgml/entities.html#h-10.5.2.1

Very interesting.  These files have the correct FPI, but they are out of
date.  These are the files in the draft spec.

The FPI's have been renamed in the final recomendatation.

So it would seem that someone should get the ISO to update there FPI's.

       <http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~roconnor/>
``And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message''
-- Anindita Dutta, ``The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy''