RE: Doctypes, Declarations, and HTML Versions

From: <JOrendorff@ixl.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:35:30 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org
> The point is that XML is designed to be easily parsed by
> browsers, SGML does not. Too complicated for the net.

I'm not sure I exactly agree with all this, but..

One cool thing about XML is that I have the 1.0 spec here
on my desk, and it's something like 60-70 pages, plus 2
pages of errata.

There is something to be said for simplicity.  SGML
minimization, for example, is a feature I don't miss.

But the *best* thing about XML is the W3C.  I like the
directions they're taking XML, and I'm pleased that
it's taking place relatively quickly.

--
Jason