RE: XHTML

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 JOrendorff@ixl.com wrote:

> It doesn't seem to me that your statement addresses Frank's
> statement.  Unless I'm mistaken, Frank is talking about custom
> extensions; and you seem to be referring to the evolution of
> HTML proper.

No I think I'm talking about the same thing.  In (Web)SGML Document type
Declarations are unneeded, so just as in XML, you can use undeclared
elements.  If you want to make you own extension, you can come of with
your own architectural form, or just use undeclared elements.

This is my understanding.

> What is the SGML feature that one would use for similar
> semantics as XML namespaces provide?

Architectural forms I think do the trick.
<http:http://www.isogen.com/papers/archintro.html>

       <http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~roconnor/>
``And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message''
-- Anindita Dutta, ``The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy''