Re: Deal with it (was Re: uppercase vs. lower case)

From: Chris Maden <crism@oreilly.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 13:25:49 -0500 (EST)
To: www-html@w3.org
[Luttrell, Mykal]
> Here I must agree whole Heatedly.  I do not understand why XML was
> not put through the same paces as HTML, evolving over the years, or
> at least tested by and large on the web before people begin
> integrating it with the one language we and countless others are
> working day and night on perfecting.

You're right.  If only they had had the foresight to develop XML in
the late '60s, implement it extensively in the military, automotive,
aerospace, and computer industries, standardize it first as an ANSI
standard and then as an ISO International Standard in 1986, and then
after ten years of experience take what had been learned and boil it
down into a Web interchange specification.  Too bad we didn't think of
that.

-Chris