Re:Help:MSIE 4/3 Cacheing

From: Ross nelson <Ross.Nelson@wizardis.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 20:41:22 +1100
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Dear all on www-html,

Thanks for the help everybody. The problem wasnt so much just stopping
caching. It was a wierd combination of I.E. using the cache instead of
reloading when opened an url into
frame using javascript such as :

    top.LeftBody.location="/scripts/xxxxxx"

Fore some reason it was using the cached version of the last time the CGI
provided the page.

In the end we just gave up with the tricky stuff and sent a superflurous
extra name=value pair on the end of url with a random number as the value.
This tricks all browser into thinking its a different url and therfore cant
use the cache. Yuk.

Cheers
Ross