Re: I can't code, but...

From: Gordon Worley <redbird@orlando.crosswinds.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 23:59:00 -0500 (EST)
To: ptorr@vantsys.com.au, www-html <www-html@w3.org>
Peter wrote:

>But as was previously mentioned, it is very difficult (if not impossible)
>to prove anything about most source code, at least in an imperitive
>language like C++. I understand where you are coming from, though. You
>*might* be able to see whether the authors *attempted* to implement certain
>parts of CSS (in the simplest case, by searching for keywords in the source
>;-) ), but you would have next to know way of knowing whether the
>implementation was *correct*.

	I know the concerns in reading though C/C++ code.  Often the only
people who really know the code are the developers who wrote the original
and maybe a few of the developers participating in projects like
Mozilla.org.  Should it become necessary, the W3C may have to request the
services of these programmers to inspect the code of possible cheating and
attempted implementation of features.  Obviously this will be no easy task
should it be taken on, so we must continue to explore all the concerns that
we can before such a project is started.  Please, continue send in any
thoughts you might have.

Red Bird Island Productions
Gordon Worley
http://www.crosswinds.net/orlando/~redbird/