Re: www-html-d Digest V99 #23

From: Mark Andrew Nassy <nassy@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 21:52:49 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org
thanks for your response.

> From: Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>

> that their background will be in use. Navigator, in "ignore author
> colors" mode doesn't ignore them all - resulting in text in a color

I do not have ignore author colors enabled.

> Stylesheets have nothing to do with this. Browsers that let the user
> disable author colors should do this correctly, rather than doing the

I suspect the source of one of the problems I am experiencing with some of
the pages on the W3 web site may stem from a css ruleset over riding the
user default color for text in the <body> while the colors for the Links,
Visited Links, etc may not have been set by the stylesheet or attributes in
the body tag.

/*
 * Style sheet for the HTML 4.0 specification

*/

body {
    background: white;
    color: black;
}

<BODY>

Unfortunately, none of the Macintosh Web Browsers that I use allow me to
attach a user defined style sheet.

Mark Andrew Nassy,
<MAILTO:nassy@flash.net>