Re: www-html-d Digest V99 #23

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Mark Andrew Nassy wrote:

> > From: Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
>
> > that their background will be in use. Navigator, in "ignore author
> > colors" mode doesn't ignore them all - resulting in text in a color
>
> I do not have ignore author colors enabled.

Wait a minute - you said you were using your *own* colors. How do you
do get that without setting "ignore author colors" (or whatever the
equivalent in MSIE/your version of NSN is called)?

> > Stylesheets have nothing to do with this. Browsers that let the user
> > disable author colors should do this correctly, rather than doing the
>
> I suspect the source of one of the problems I am experiencing with some of
> the pages on the W3 web site may stem from a css ruleset over riding the
> user default color for text in the <body> while the colors for the Links,
> Visited Links, etc may not have been set by the stylesheet or attributes in
> the body tag.

Ah, that's how. If that's the case, then the page is indeed at
fault. Anytime the author starts setting colors, they have to set them
*all*. In which case, I apologize for questioning your request.

> Unfortunately, none of the Macintosh Web Browsers that I use allow me to
> attach a user defined style sheet.

From what I can tell, neither do any of the Unix browsers I use. But
the style sheet support for them is so broken I disable them regularly
anyway.

	Thanx,
	<mike