Re: XHTML and CASE-SENSITIVITY

From: Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:47:13 -0800
To: Daniel Austin <daniela@cnet.com>
CC: wWw-hTmL@w3.org
> Hopefully this choice minimizes the problems.

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE DANIEL. I USE UPPER CASE ALL THE TIME FOR EVERYTHING.
IT'S SO MUCH FASTER AND EASIER JUST TO KEEP THE CAPS LOCK KEY DOWN THAN TO
HAVE TO HIT-AND-HOLD EVERY TIME YOU HIT ONE OF THOSE PESKY TAGS. I SUPPOSE
YOU COULD ARGUE THAT USING LOWER CASE FOR EVERYTHING WOULD HAVE THE SAME
BENEFIT, AND WOULD IN FACT BE EASIER TO READ THAN THIS. MIGHT EVEN BE MORE
COMPRESSIBLE. BUT THEN, I NEVER DID LIKE E.E.CUMMINGS, AND EVERYBODY KNOWS
THAT COMPUTERS PREFER TO SHOUT AND BE SHOUTED AT - AS IN "DOES NOT COMPUTE!"
UNLESS PERHAPS YOU'RE LIKE HAL9000 IN 2001. HE SPOKE IN SOFT, LOWER-CASE
TONES. "i'm sorry dave, i'm afraid i can't do that." I REST MY CASE.