Re: HTML4 Implementation Requirements

From: B.K. DeLong <bkdelong@naw.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 13:49:10 -0500
To: "L. David Baron" <dbaron@fas.harvard.edu>, py8ieh=www-html@bath.ac.uk, www-html@w3.org
At 01:34 PM 2/5/99 -0500, L. David Baron wrote:
>I disagree that an HTML4 test suite should only test mandatory features.
>I think it should test suggested features, possibly noting that they are
>suggested.  It can thus be used to see what proportion of the HTML 4.0
>spec is supported.  (Or perhaps the mandatory features should be noted
>instead, since they may be rarer.)

I couldn't agree more. Features like LONGDESC, TABINDEX, and ACCESSKEY are
far from required but are very important to creating a "good" Web site. If
your site isn't accessible to a wide range of the Web using population, how
can it be a good site?

But we can't use these features unless the browsers implement them and
browser programming teams don't like implementing things without test cases.
--
B.K. DeLong                  360 Huntington Ave.
Director                         Suite 140CSC-305

http://www.world-webmasters.org
bkdelong@naw.org