Re: HTML4 Implementation Requirements

From: L. David Baron <dbaron@fas.harvard.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:34:33 -0500 (EST)
To: py8ieh=www-html@bath.ac.uk, www-html@w3.org
I disagree that an HTML4 test suite should only test mandatory features.
I think it should test suggested features, possibly noting that they are
suggested.  It can thus be used to see what proportion of the HTML 4.0
spec is supported.  (Or perhaps the mandatory features should be noted
instead, since they may be rarer.)

I will hunt the recommendation for some little sentence that makes lots
of stuff mandatory.  I think you (Ian) already made a good start with
the definition of Obsolete.  There may be more.  I'm sometimes good at
finding that stuff...

David