RE: Navigation Tag

From: Dave J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 12:46:32 -0000
To: www-html@w3.org
> From:	D.A. Schepers [SMTP:schepers@mindspring.com]
>
> I propose a universal navigation markup tag. Using this, the author of a
> web
> page could designate the address of the next or previous page in a
> sequence.

	This has been in HTML since version 2.0, if not 1.0.  Your
	problem is not that the tag doesn't exist but that the
	big 2 chose to ignore it.  The tag is LINK.  It also allows
	a maintainer to be associated with the page, such that a
	browser can provide a function to comment to the page
	maintainer; again the big 2 have ignored this and it has
	dropped out of the standards documents (<LINK REV=MADE...)